Today staff and young people at Skillz are raising money for Children in Need with different spotty challenges!
This week the young people have been making masquerade masks, posters and Joinery projects around the theme and today we have all donned super spots and face paint in honour of Pudsey!
We are also running pool and sport challenges and decorating yummy buns and cookies with spotty icing.
For all the activities that young people take part in, Skillz will donate to Children in Need; watch this space for our total!
Skillz staff and young people are all 'wearing it pink' today, to raise money for Breast Cancer Research.
To find out more and donate, visit:
Do you work in construction and want a new challenge..?
We have an exciting opportunity for a unique individual.
• Do you have the drive to work with young people aged 11-19, who are not able to reach their full potential in a mainstream secondary classroom setting?
• Do you have skills in facilitating accredited construction sessions with young people?
• Do you thrive in an ever changing and challenging role?
We will offer....
• Flexible working in a supportive environment, based in Leeds
• Competitive salary
• The opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative
You need to....
• Be motivated to work with young people with complex needs
• Have experience of facilitating group work and planning sessions
• Ideally, have experience/qualifications of teaching/training others (i.e. PGCE, Cert ED, PTLLS or equivalent) or a strong desire to do so
If this sounds like you - get in touch!
Salary £8-£15per hour- Depending on Qualifications and Experience
Hours negotiable for the right applicant.
All roles are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously CRB), satisfactory references and completion of a probationary period.
Email: email@example.com or telephone 0113 2635988
for an application pack
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 29th October 2014 at 4.00pm
Skillz Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This is reflected in the way that new staff are recruited.
Just a reminder that we have a full C:Card and sexual health Service @ Skillz HQ in Wortley.
We can offer young people:
Condoms and other things for your sexual health
Advice and support
This is open to all young people, you don't have to attend Skillz.
Want an appointment?
Ring Claire on - 0113 2635988
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Message - www.facebook.com/skillzeducation
Check out our baking Skillz! :)
Check out this fantastic poem that has been written in one of our GCSE English sessions today.
The topic was ‘The Senses’
I can smell the lovely warm air at the beach.
I can hear the big Seagulls scavenging around for scraps and the sea rushing on the shore.
I can taste the salt when the tide comes in and a wave splashed into my mouth.
When I bend down I pick up the wet sand and let it go through my fingers.
This place feels like home.
Fantastic work! Well done!