What we do…
- At Skillz Education we are Developing Skills for Life by offering a range of accredited Vocational and Personal Development opportunities for young people not reaching their full potential in mainstream Education.
- We use small groups, a high staff to student ratio, innovative classroom teaching and leaning methods with individual 1-1 support available.
- We empower young people to develop their self-esteem and confidence in a safe, welcoming and constructive environment. Focusing on their strengths, aspirations and individual learning targets.
- We value consistent information sharing with schools and will use daily telephone calls / emails to report back to schools on young people’s progress and attendance. We will also provide end of term reports in line with the young person’s Individual Learning Plan targets.
- We recognise the importance that young people’s parents, carers and families have in their success and we will contact them regularly with progress updates, sharing information and including them wherever possible in the learning experience.
- We aim to be fully inclusive and work with any young person that could benefit from our support including those that may be on the verge of exclusion or have been permanently excluded.
- NOCN qualifications available in Functional Skills in Literacy, Numeracy and ICT.
- Value effective practice and follow rigorous quality assurance policies and procedures.